Thursday, December 15, 2011

Poetry Podcast: "A Christmas Cookie"

Sometimes the best gifts are the ones we don't ask for, or least expect.  Yet, if we accept them, they can change our lives forever.

My cat Cookie
That's the message of my poem "A Christmas Cookie."  It's the story of a little tuxedo cat that came into my life on Christmas Day in 2000 and has been a part of my family since.


Down through the ages, women have used poetry as a vehicle to record their stories, express their feelings and work through their issues.  "A Christmas Cookie" was one of my first forays into poetry writing, which is more challenging than it might seem on the surface.

It's a little corny, and the rhythm is a little "off," but it served a purpose:  to tell the story of Cookie that is unique to my own personal history.

And the sharing of it is my gift to you this Yuletide season.

Enjoy and Blessed Be:

  

                       
   
Podcast Powered By Podbean
    

No comments:

Post a Comment