Monday, April 18, 2011

Cherie joins forces with NOW

It's official, I'm a member of the Oakland County Chapter of the National Organization for Women, NOW.

Although NOW is considered a liberal feminist organization, and I don't consider myself a liberal feminist, I believe NOW provides a good network for insights into women's issues such as reproductive rights and violence against women.

I look forward to working with Oakland County NOW and attending its important events.

Oakland NOW is co-sponsoring a pay equity event with The Wayne and Macomb Chapters, along with Michigan NOW.  Learn why women make less than men, what laws are related to pay equity and how to negotiate equitable pay.

Date:  Thursday, May 19
Time:  6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m
Location:  AJ's Music Cafe, 240 W. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale, Mich.
Admission:  FREE

No comments:

Post a Comment